Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Beginnings


I grew up in a family business. It was Dad's business operating a trucking company. We hauled milk from the dairy farms to the processing plants. I drove a truck from the time I was 18 years old and got my chauffeur's license. Now, the license is better known as CDL. I drove for 28 years before closing our family business in 2006.

I bought my first camper when I was 18. It was a Shasta 16 SCS. A high school buddy and I were planning a beach trip. I had never owned a camper. Mom and Dad didn't camp either. So, where did my interest in camping come from? I dunno...................What do I know about a camper?..........What if I have problems?..........Can't afford to have it fixed by a dealer..........Maybe I can take it apart and fix it myself......Couldn't be that difficult, could it?.......Propane?......Plumbing?........Electrical?........Waste tanks?...........Brake Controls?........Weight Distributing Hitch?.....Sway control?..........I'll figure it out......

For the most part, I became a pretty good backyard trailer mechanic. With Dad's help and guidance, I thought there was nothing that I could not figure out. I added to this knowledge by attending Camping World Recreational Vehicle Institute in Bowling Green, Kentucky and graduating in November 2002. Shortly after returning home I began operating Roving RV Repair, a mobile RV service. I became affiliated with a local dealer and handle their mobile service.

Fast forward to NOW. The year of 2009 is beginning, as I launch Riveted Restorations.
Riveted Restorations will encompass riveted trailers of painted, polished, and anodized aluminum, as well as other unique travel trailers. The "canned ham" variety will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment