Thursday, January 15, 2009

Seeing Clearly

This 64 Globetrotter had a leaking and incorrectly installed window in front.  It had been replaced by plexiglas and was not even in the frame correctly.  I removed the window operators and gently removed the opening window frame from the trailer by sliding it sideways.  I removed the plexiglas and cleaned the frame thoroughly.  Next, I measured for the correct replacement glass.  For the new glass to seal to the frame properly, I used butyl glazing tape.  The tape is 1/4" wide and 1/16" thick.  It is available at  After the new glass is installed in the frame, I installed new gray glazing strips to secure and seal the glass from the outside.  To completely seal the frame before reinstalling the glass, new bulb seal should be installed in the window frame that is mounted to the trailer.  This bulb seal was missing from this front window and is very hard and brittle on the others.  The other windows will be rebuilt as  the weather warms.

No comments:

Post a Comment